"How do I copy photos back to Camera Roll? - I wanted to organize my photos, so I did the whole import to iPhoto, create albums there, and sync. During the import I - without really thinking - chose to clear out my Camera Roll. Is there a way to move photos/videos from the Photo Library (created by iPhoto) back to Camera Roll - in essence, revert the whole thing? I've decided I actually prefer being able to delete things on my iPhone (less hassle compared to having to go into iPhoto, delete, resync, etc). Thanks."
We have received quite a few inquires on how to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll or how to copy photos to Camera Roll. In fact, Apple has not allowed such kind of operation. However, we could still copy photos to Camera Roll in various ways. This guide would introduce you how to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll.
- Part 1: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll from Albums folder on iPhone
- Part 2: How to Move Photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll with iTransfer
- Part 3: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll via iTunes
- Part 4: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll via Airdrop
- Part 5: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll using E-mail
Part 1: How to Move Photos to iPhone Camera Roll on iPhone
Apple only enables you to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll from other photo folders on iPhone. Therefore, if you want to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll, you need to firstly copy photos from PC to iPhone. Now, we would firstly let you know how to move photos to iPhone Camera Roll from iPhone photo folders.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Go to the "Album" column and then open any photo folder but Camera Roll folder.
- Open a photo and then click the "Share' icon with an upper arrow.
- Then you could see multiple options: Copy, Duplicate, Slideshow, Hide, Print, etc. Click the "Duplicate" option.
- Then the photo would be saved into Camera Roll. You could open the "Camera Roll" folder to view the photo.
In this way,you could easily copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll folder. If you want to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll, you need firstly to copy photos from PC to iPhone and then follow the above steps to copy photo to iPhone Camera Roll folder.
Part 2: How to Copy Photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll
As we mentioned above, if you want to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll, you need firstly copy photos from PC to iPhone, and then you could do as the above guide to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll. You could make use of Leawo iTransefr to help you copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll folder. As a professional iOS data transfer software app, Leawo iTransfer could transfer up to 14 types of data and files between iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod), iTunes and computer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XR, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your computer. Check the below steps to learn how to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll.
Step 1. Launch the software
Run the software and connect your iPhone device to computer with USB cable. You iPhone information would be listed on the left sidebar.
Step 2. Add photos
Go to " iPhone > LIBRARY > Photos" tab. You could view all photos on your iPhone here and delete unwanted ones. To copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll, click the "Add > Add File/Add Folder" button.
Step 3. Choose photos to add from PC to iPhone Camera Roll
You will then be guided to add photo files or photo folders from PC to iPhone. Choose the one(s) you need to copy from PC to iPhone.
Step 4. Copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll
After selecting the photos, click the "Open" button to start to copy photos from PC to iPhone Camera Roll.
When the photos are copied from PC to iPhone, you could view all photos on Photos app on iPhone. Then, you only need to do as the Part 1 shows to move photos to iPhone Camera Roll. With Leawo iTransfer, you could copy multiple data and files like music, video, photos, etc. between iOS devices, iTunes and computer. If you're using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac.
Video Demo of How to Use Leawo iTransfer
Part 3: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll via iTunes
To transfer photos to iPhone Camera Roll, you can try iTunes Photo Sync. What you need to do is make sure that you have the latest iTunes downloaded and installed on your PC and your iPhone connected to PC via the iPhone USB cable. However, please be careful of the syncing function of iTunes, for it is a double-edged sword. Once wrong click, all data on your iPhone will be gone. The following steps are going to show you how to transfer photos to iPhone Camera Roll with iTunes.
1. Plug your iPhone into the computer via the USB cable. Launch the latest iTunes if it doesn't launch automatically.
2. Navigate to "File" option on the upper left corner and then click on "Add File to Library".
3. Select photos from your PC folders and then iTunes will sync the photos to iPhone automatically. You can also click on the iPhone icon at the top left corner and go to "Settings > Photos", then tick "Sync Photos" and click on "Apply" to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll.
Part 4: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll via Airdrop
AirDrop is characterized by transferring files wirelessly like contacts, photos, websites, bookmarks, etc. between iPhones, iPads, and Macs. If you want to copy photos to iPhone camera roll, AirDrop will be also a good choice. Please be noted that AirDrop only works for iOS devices and Macs. Before you start to follow these steps, please make sure that both iPhone and Mac are using the same Wi-Fi and their Bluetooth toggled on. Now let's focus on how to copy photos to iPhone camera roll via AirDrop.
1. On your iPhone, swipe upward to enter "Control Center" panel. Tap on "AirDrop" to turn it on. A prompt from the bottom will ask you to choose "Contact Only/Everyone". You can tap on "Everyone" here. Generally speaking, your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will be automatically active. If not, you can turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on manually.
2. On your Mac, connect the same Wi-Fi as the iPhone connects and go to "Finder" at the top. Choose "Go > AirDrop" to open AirDrop and choose "Allow me to be discovered No One/Contacts Only/Everyone". Choose any of them as you require.
3. On the AirDrop interface, you can see your iPhone device. Directly drag photos from your Mac to the icon representing iPhone and press "Send". At this time, a prompt on iPhone will ask you to approve the transferring. You can choose to accept the transfer and it starts to AirDrop photos from Mac to iPhone Camera Roll.
Part 5: How to Copy Photos to iPhone Camera Roll using E-mail
Copying photos to iPhone camera roll can be solved by email, as well. Email is more than a simple communication tool. It also helps people to store and share files with others. You can email various attachment types like videos, photos, text, etc. to and transfer them between different phones and computers. Now check the following steps to learn how to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll via email.
1. Open your browser on your computer and log into your mail with your account and password.
2. Create a new email that attaches the photos you want to transfer from PC to iPhone Camera Roll. Enter a receiver email and send the email with attached photos. You can use another email address that you own. If not, just send them to friends you trust.
3. On your iPhone, open the receiver mailbox to receive the pictures attached.
4. Top on the photos and then save to your iPhone.
5. The photos would now be successfully transferred from PC to iPhone Camera Roll.
OK, we have learned 5 solutions to copy photos to iPhone Camera Roll. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages. You can choose any solution that works for you. For me, I prefer Leawo iTransfer, because it is easy and efficient in transferring any types of files and I can rely on it to manage my iPhone space. I really advise you to give Leawo iTransfer a shot.
How do I transfer photos to my iPhone camera roll? ›
On your iPhone, go to Photos -> Albums -> From My Mac, then select the album with the photos you need to copy to Camera Roll. In the upper-right corner, press “Select” and choose the photos you need.How do I transfer large amounts of photos between iphones? ›
You can transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone using an iCloud backup. You can also transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop, iCloud Photos, Messages, and Mail. The easiest way to share your photos with other iPhone users is to use the Shared Albums feature.Can you move pictures in your camera roll? ›
Unfortunately, there's no way to rearrange pictures on your main camera roll - that's the one that's organized by date and contains every photo you've ever taken and haven't deleted. The good news?What does it mean when it says save to camera roll? ›
It saves a photo to your photos on your phone. This is useful if you *don't* already have the photo on your phone -- if it's something you uploaded on a computer but want on your phone, or maybe a photo your partner took of your kids. Posted 108 months ago. (What is Apple's secret button? ›
Viral TikTok shows 'secret button' hidden in back of iPhone
It allows users to simply tap the back of their phone near where the Apple logo is, and their phone will do whatever feature they've programmed it to do through the settings menu.
Many apps on the iPhone have hidden menus called Quick Actions. All you have to do is hold down the icon for the app you want to see the Quick Action menu for. Apps that come pre-installed on your iPhone, like the Camera, Mail, Notes, Settings, Messages and Phone apps have these menus.Do iphones have secret mode? ›
Visit sites privately
You can use Private Browsing Mode to open private tabs, which don't appear in History on iPhone or in the list of tabs on your other devices. in the center of the tab bar at the bottom of the screen, then tap Private.
- Tap the picture or video and hold.
- Tap 'Save'
- In the 'Gallery app', open the TextFree folder to locate the saved photo/video.
Selecting all the photos saved locally on an Android phone is a lot easier than doing so on an iPhone: On stock Android, open the Files app and go to Images, tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen, and hit Select all.How do I move a large amount of photos? ›
- Upload your files to cloud storage. Uploading files to cloud storage is a great way to transfer large files such as photos and video. ...
- Compress the Files. Another tried and tested method of transferring files is to compress them. ...
- Use a VPN. ...
- USB flash drive. ...
- FTP. ...
- SFTP. ...
- FTPS. ...
How do I save thousands of photos on my iPhone? ›
For an iOS device, go to Settings > Photos > iCloud Photos and enable the setting. Now, your device will upload all your photos to iCloud any time your device connects to Wi-Fi and the battery is charged.How do I copy something to my camera roll? ›
- Open a video in your camera roll and pause it when you see the text you want to copy.
- Tap and hold any word and you'll get a menu. Drag around all the words you want or tap Select All, then tap Copy.
Tap and hold on the photo or video you wish to move, and tap on other items you want to move after choosing the first.How do I move files to Camera Roll? ›
For MP4, M4V, JPG, PNG and GIF format files, you can save the local files to the Camera Roll of your device. Press and hold down on the file that you want to save to the Camera Roll. Select Save To Camera Roll, and the file will be saved.What is the difference between camera roll and saved pictures? ›
The Camera Roll folder is used by the Camera app to store all created photos and videos. The Saved Pictures folder is used by the Photos app.Do people know if you save to camera roll? ›
Select "Save to Photos" to save the Snap without notifying the other person. The Snap will be saved to your iPhone's camera roll. You can do this for every Snap if you'd like.Why are my photos not saving to camera roll iPhone? ›
If there is not enough space for new files, iPhone not saving photos to camera roll will definitely appear. You can try to free up space on iPhone by deleting useless apps, delete photos, music, notes, videos, and messages. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "iPhone Storage". Free up space according to particular needs.What is Apple hidden photo? ›
When you hide photos and videos, they move to the Hidden album, so they don't appear in your Library, in other albums, or in the Photos widget on your Home Screen. In iOS 14 and later, you can turn off the Hidden album, so the photos are completely hidden.What are some iPhone tricks? ›
- Adjust the Brightness of Your iPhone's Flashlight. ...
- Do a Voiceover While Recording Your iPhone Screen. ...
- Use the Volume Buttons to Take a Photo. ...
- Take a Picture While Recording a Video. ...
- Apply Fun Effects to iMessages. ...
- Enjoy Built-In Nature ASMR on Your iPhone.
Dial *#33# and tap Call checks for call control bars by checking all the usual suspects (voice, data, fax, sms, etc) to see whether barring is enabled or disabled for outgoing.
What is 3370 on iPhone? ›
iPhone code: *3370#
If you ever find yourself somewhere getting poor cellphone reception, type in this code to turn on “enhanced full rate” mode. EFR mode improves your cell reception, but your battery life might be compromised.
Bonus: More codes you can try.
|Field test mode (provides info about cell signal)||*3001#12345#*|
Ghost touch is when your iPhone screen moves or starts tapping buttons on its own. The screen seems to react to nonexistent touches, which means apps open and start doing stuff without you actually touching anything.What is invisible mode on iPhone? ›
When you use Private Browsing, the details of your browsing aren't saved, and the websites you visit aren't shared with your other devices. Safari won't remember the pages you visit, your search history, or your AutoFill information.What does private mode look like on iPhone? ›
While Private Browsing is on, the Safari address bar appears black or dark instead of white or gray.What is the best way to save pictures from your phone? ›
For a physical backup, go with a secure external drive
If you want to store your photos physically, a secure external drive is a better choice. These devices tend to have higher storage capacity and faster speeds, plus they're harder to lose. They're also cheaper now than they were years ago.
If you have an Android phone, you'll probably find the Google service, Photos preinstalled on your device. If you set up a Google account and use it, you will have access to a versatile cloud storage system that offers unlimited photo storage.
AirDrop only allows you to send and receive pictures between Apple devices. If you want to transfer photos to Android devices or even to a Windows PC, you should use a file transfer app.How do I select all photos on iPhone without dragging? ›
You can select multiple photos on your iPhone at once using the "Select" command. The Photos app has a "Select" command on every screen and in every folder, so you can use it anywhere.Does AirDrop have a limit? ›
Going forward, AirDrop will be primarily restricted to Contacts Only, and the option to turn on AirDrop for "Everyone" will be limited to 10 minutes.
Is there a select all for iPhone photos? ›
◾ To select individual photos, hold down Ctrl while clicking on each one. ◾ To select all photos in an album, navigate inside and press Ctrl+A.How many photos can you AirDrop at once? ›
There's no limit on how many photos you can AirDrop at the same time. However, there are practical issues with transferring lots of photos simultaneously, not least the amount of time it will take, even on a high-speed Wi-Fi network, to move lots of photos.Can you trick iPhone facial recognition with a picture? ›
Can you use a picture for Face ID? The general consensus is Apple's Face ID cannot be unlocked using a photo or printed picture. According to Apple, “Face ID matches against depth information, which isn't found in print or 2D digital photographs.What is the hidden feature in iPhone Photos? ›
When you hide photos and videos, they move to the Hidden album, so they don't appear in your Library, in other albums, or in the Photos widget on your Home Screen. In iOS 14 and later, you can turn off the Hidden album, so the photos are completely hidden.Can you trick face unlock with a picture? ›
Many people know that Apple's Face ID system is more secure than the default Android facial recognition program. For example, Face ID can't be fooled by a photograph.How do I force Apple photos to recognize faces? ›
- Open a photo of the person, then tap. or swipe up to see the photo details. ...
- Tap the face of a person with a question mark next to their photo to identify them, then tap Tag with Name.
- Type their name, tap Next, then tap Done.
- Open the Photos App, tap the Albums tab & Tap people.
- Select all the people you want to reset and click Remove & then Remove from People Album.
- Now manually Select Photos and click the thumbnail of the person's face.
- Click Tag with Name.
- Enter the Name, Click Next, and Done.
For users who have not changed their accessibility settings, Apple's Face ID face recognition system does not work if the user has their eyes closed.What is the 5 click trick on iPhone? ›
Change how you call
When Call with 5 Button Presses is turned on and you try to make an emergency call, your iPhone begins a countdown and sounds an alert. After the countdown ends, your iPhone automatically calls emergency services.
The hidden album can be easily accessed by anyone who has access to your iPhone as there is no option to Face ID or passcode protect the folder and restrict access to it.
Where are things hidden on iPhone? ›
To find hidden apps on iPhone:
Also, go to App Store and tap on [Your Name]. Click Apple ID and Verify Face ID or password. Find Hidden Purchases, here you can view all hidden apps. Click Unhide button.
: photography that uses special methods to make things that are not real seem to be real.What is the 3/4 rule in photography? ›
What is the rule of thirds? The rule of thirds is a composition guideline that places your subject in the left or right third of an image, leaving the other two thirds more open.Can you open Face ID while sleeping? ›
Yes and no, sometimes they can unlock your iPhone when you're sleeping. If you want extra security to avoid someone unlocking your iPhone when sleeping, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode then right under Attention click 'Require Attention for Face ID' that means you need to look at the iPhone for it to unlock.Can you unlock an iPhone without passcode or Face ID? ›
There are proven ways to unlock an iPhone without passcode or Face ID, including using iTunes, iCloud, or an iPhone unlocker. All of them will erase all data and settings on your iPhone. By doing so, they can remove passcode from your device, and thus you can unlock your iPhone 13 without passcode or Face ID.How easy is it to hack facial recognition? ›
Face Recognition Is Easy to Bypass
But like password hacking or phishing attacks, it's also quite hard. Additionally, face recognition technology is now more intelligent than ever, with most of them requiring more than mere pictures or disguises to get fooled.